Mukesh Ambani is Business Magnate and considered one of the richest people in India. In 2018 he became India’s richest person by Forbes. Mukesh Ambani was ranked as the 19th richest person in the world. Mukesh Ambani is also the largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Chairman, Managing Director, which is a private Fortune Global 500 company of India.
It is estimated that they have 44.7% of shares in the company. Reliance is one of the leading Indian companies in terms of market value. Mukesh Ambani is also the owner of Mumbai Indians, a team of Indian Premier League. According to Forbes, the value of his property is the US $22.2 billion, making him the richest person in India, though his share in Reliance Industries is 48%.
Mukesh Ambani Biography – Family, Business and Education
- Full Name – Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani
- Born – 19 April,1957
- Wife – Nita Mukesh Ambani
- Son – Isha Ambani, Akash Ambani, Anant Ambani
- Father – Dhirubhai Hirachand Ambani
- Mother – Kokila Dhirubhai Ambani
- Brother – Anil Dhirubhai Ambani
- Sister – Deepti Salgonkar, Nina Kothari
- Nationality – Indian
Mukesh Ambani Business Profile:
- Mukesh Ambani Net Wroth – US $41.5 Billion
- Mukesh Ambani Industries – Reliance Industries, JIO, LYF, Reliance Industrial Infrastructure, Reliance Petroleum, Reliance Fresh, Reliance Digital, Network18
Mukesh Ambani Education :
- Mukesh Ambani School – Hill Grange High School
- Mukesh Ambani Graduation – Institute of Chemical Technology
- Mukesh Ambani Post Graduation – Stanford University
Mukesh Ambani Early Life
Mukesh Ambani was born on April 19, 1957, in the city of Aden, located in Yemen. His mother’s name was Kokilaben Ambani and the father’s name was Dhirubhai Ambani, a famous industrialist. Apart from this, he has two sisters, namely Deepti Salgonkar and Nina Kothari. Mukesh Ambani has a younger brother, whose name is Anil Ambani.
Recommended – Indian Youth Icon Abby Viral Biography
His father Dhirubhai Ambani used to work in Aden. By the 1970s, Mukesh Ambani’s family used to live in a two-room house in Bhuleshwar, Mumbai, but after some years, Dhirubhai bought a 14-floor building (Sea Wind) in Colaba, Mumbai, where Mukesh Ambani family All the other members of the house have been there for many years.
Mukesh Ambani’s Education
Mukesh Ambani got his schooling from Hill Grange High School in the city of Mumbai, while he studied his graduation in the field of Chemical Engineering from the Institute of Chemistry of Mumbai.
After studying his graduation, he was admitted to Stanford University in the United States for further education. However, he had left his studies in the middle and had come back to India to join his father’s business.
Personal information related to Mukesh Ambani Life
- At the time of Mukesh Ambani’s birth, his family was not so rich and he used to live in the two room bedroom with his family.
- Mukesh Ambani is inheriting his business with his father and he is handling this business of his father in a very good manner.
- Mukesh Ambani, with the help of his father at the age of 18, began to manage his business. It is said that when he was 18, his father Dhirubhai Ambani had joined the board of his company Reliance Industries.
- After the death of Dhirubhai Ambani, his business was divided among his two sons and since then, these brothers are handling their own business separately.
Mukesh Ambani Business Career
At the time when he was studying his MBA from Stanford University, his father got a license attached to the manufacture of polyester filament yarn from the Indian government.
After getting the license, Dhirubhai Ambani had joined the work of opening the plant of filament yarn and meanwhile, Dhirubhai had also invited Mukesh from India so that he could also accompany him in this work.
Mukesh, who met with his father, successfully opened the plant and after the start of this plant, he decided to go back and complete his studies instead of expanding his father’s business and stayed in India.
Recommended – Biography of Paytm Founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma
After stopping in India, Mukesh, along with his father, was involved in managing Reliance’s work and gradually his company was working in the field of energy, petrochemicals, textiles, natural resources, textiles, and telecommunication.
After Dhirubhai Ambani’s death in 2002, his company ‘Reliance’ was split into two groups, one of which was given to Mukesh Ambani and that group was named Mukesh Ambani by Reliance Industries Limited. On the other side, Anil Ambani was given the name of another group, Anil had given Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani.
Mukesh Ambani is Launch first time 4G in India. He is Change full telecom Network. In 2019 Mukesh Ambani Jio is King in Telecom Sector.
Some Rumors Say that Mukesh Ambani is now Interested in E-Commerce Business and he starts own E-commerce Store in 2019.
Other works are done in Mukesh Ambani Career
In 2005, Mukesh Ambani became his company’s chairman and MD, and since then he has achieved many important achievements.
Mukesh Ambani had started Petroleum Refinery in Gujarat and currently, it is the world’s largest refinery. According to a 2010 report, 668,000 barrels of petroleum is extracted every day from this refinery.
In 2006, Mukesh Ambani had started Reliance Fresh Stores and at present, there is a series of more than seven hundred stores of Reliance Fresh in our country. Reliance Fresh Store stores related to the sale of food items and various household products.
Mukesh Ambani’s business is now joining with him, his elder son and daughter are also running, and together they are looking at Reliance’s company work together.
In 2016, Mukesh Ambani’s company had started the JIO Company related to the telecommunications sector and the company associated with the mobile network operator has captured quite a lot in the telecom market in a very short time.
Recently he has also started a broadband service called JIO Giga Fiber with his children. This will give people a fast speed net connection.
Mukesh Ambani House- Antilia
In 2010, Mukesh Ambani bought a house of 4532 sqm near the Altamont Road in Mumbai and built his house there. The building is named after Antilia House, and the building worth Rs 12,000 crore is one of the world’s largest and expensive buildings. There are a total of 27 floors in this building and they have hired more than 500 people to maintain this building.
The controversy associated with Mukesh Ambani
Prior to the distribution of business, differences of opinion about their business between them and their brother would often have come in the news. Mukesh Ambani had an interview with this while giving an interview and said that this was his personal affair.
In the year 2014, a legal complaint was registered against them and in that FIR there was an allegation of charging more natural gas against them. Apart from this, the allegation of bribing the bureaucrats has been taken once.
Recommended – Real World Iron Man Elon Musk Biography
He was also criticized for his most expensive house, which was made in Mumbai, that is, Antilia. Apart from this, the Maharashtra KWC Board had declared its title on the land on which they had built this house.
Interesting facts related to Mukesh Ambani
- Even after having such a rich person, they preferred to live this simple life and usually prefer wearing ordinary white shirts and black pants
- In school days, hockey games used to be their favorite game and they used to love playing this game. But due to his studies, he had to make a distance from this game.
- Many of our famed businessmen such as Adi Godrej, Anand Mahindra, and Anand Jain, used to be their schoolmates and are still in love with them.
- Mukesh Ambani is a very shy person and he is very much afraid of public speaking. Despite this fear, however, they have given many good speeches.
- Mukesh Ambani is very fond of watching movies and he has also set up a theater in his house and he sees at least three movies every week.
- He had gifted him a private plane on his wife’s 50th birthday, and the plane’s value was $ 62 million.
- Mukesh Ambani is the only businessman of India who has been given Jade Security by the Government and runs with security all the time. Apart from this, the most tax is also given to the Indian government and 5% of the total tax revenues of India are filled by their company.
Mukesh Ambani and Nita Ambani Love Story
Dhirubhai Ambani had chosen Nita for his son and they saw Nita first time dancing at a festival and he liked her very much.
After some time of this festival, Dhirubhai Ambani invited to Neeta in his office. However, when he called Nita, then first Nita felt that someone was calling to disturb them.
It is said that when Dhirubhai telephoned Neeta and when she told him who she was, in response to this, she had cut off the phone by answering the Reliance group’s owner (that she was speaking Elizabeth). However, when Neeta’s father talked to Dhirubhai on the telephone, then Nita was convinced that Dhirubhai Ambani has phoned her.
In Nita’s first meeting with Dhirubhai Ambani, she had asked about her hobbies before Nita, and later she asked her to meet her son Mukesh. At the same time, when Neeta first met Mukesh, then Mukesh had to wear a simple white-colored T-shirt and jeans.
After some interviews, Mukesh proposed to get married in front of Neeta in the car. At the time when his car was standing on the red signal, Mukesh proposed to marry Neeta. Not only this, Mukesh did not start the train even after being a green signal, as long as Nita had not accepted his proposal. At the same time, the couple had been married sometime after speaking to Nita.
Mukesh Ambani Award and Achievement
- In 2000, Mukesh Ambani was awarded “The Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year“.
- In May 2004, Mukesh Ambani was given the “Asia Society Leadership” Award by the Asia Society, Washington D.C.
- In 2007, he was awarded the “Chitralekha Person of the Year” award.
- In 2010, Mukesh Ambani was awarded the “Business Leader of the Year” by NDTV.
- In 2010, Asia Society was awarded the award of “Global Vision“.
Thanks for Reading Indian Business Magnet Mukesh Ambani Biography. I hope this information is helpful to you and you have satisfied with all this information. If you want to know more about some business magnet or entrepreneur than follow our website – www.makedigitalindian.com. If you any suggestion in Mukesh Ambani Biography than please comment below. your comment is helpful for me and other readers.