Larry Page is the founder and CEO of Google. The full name of Larry Page is Lawrence Page. Lawrence is an American computer scientist from America and also an Internet entrepreneur. The company i.e Google founded by Larry Page along with Sergey Brin.
Talking about the largest search engine in the world, Google tops the list presently. Lawrence formed Google do provides a wide range of products related to internet and services too.
The company initially started for online searches remotely which later expanded worldwide. Larry from an early age a technology lover and so this innovation turned out to be very good for him.
Larry always aimed to take his ambition to new heights and so he managed too, to achieve success. Google turned out to be a great success for Larry and his team.
According to 2018 survey, Larry is the 8th-richest person in the world.
Larry Page Early Life and Education
Larry Page made his first cry on the 26th of March in the year 1973. The city where he was born is in the city of East Lansing, Michigan. Lawrence was bought up and taken care of by his parents. Lawrence was close to his parents and they too loved him a lot. His mother belongs to Jewish but Larry doesn’t follow any religion. He believes that God is one.
His father’s name is Carl Victor Page. Carl was a Ph.D. in the field of Computer Science from University located at Michigan. Lawrence’s father worked as a professor of computer science at Michigan State University. His mother, Gloria, also an instructor in the computer programming field at Lyman Briggs College and at Michigan State University.
Thus belonging to a technology-based environment, Larry too from an early age grew a strong interest in computer science and technology. Lawrence’s interest in this field kept him engaged in this job and took him this far.
In an interview, Larry once mentioned that his childhood was mostly in between computers, magazines, research books and stuff related to technology. His home atmosphere played a major role in Page’s success to this stage.
Lawrence started to have an interest in the computer from an early age of six. Initially, he started his work with first-generation personal computers. The computers provided to him by his parents. During a project, he completed a word processor and this the first kid in that school to do so.
From the very beginning, he interested in invention and also knew that very soon he gonna start his own company.
Talking about schooling, Larry went to Okemos Montessori School (now called Montessori Radmoor). The school is located in Okemos, Michigan and he studied there from 1975 to 1979. He later graduated from the East Lansing High School in the year 1991.
Later during two summers, he attended the Interlochen Center for the Arts as a saxophonist in high school. He also holds a Bachelor of Science in computer engineering from the University of Michigan. As he was well into this subject, he decided with honors and a Master of Science in computer science from Stanford University.
He also opted for Ph.D. in Computer science at the Standford University.
Founding and Growth of Google
As Larry Page interested in technology from an early age, he always wanted to do something great in this field. His dreams just got wings when he met Sergey Brin during his Ph.D. Sergey Brin his fellow researcher and they met while working on a research project.
Then both of them decided to work together. By the year 1996, they had developed a search engine which was initially called ‘BackRub’. This operated on Stanford’s servers for several months.
Both of them thus decided to take their project as a company. Andy Bechtolsheim the co-founder of Sun Microsystems played a major role in their success as he financed them with a check of $100,000.
Then later they decided to name their company something different. In September of the year 1998, they named their project as ‘Google’. In the year 2001, Eric Schmidt appointed as the CEO of the company. And Page and Brin then became the presidents of products and technology, respectively.
Google Launch Other Platform
In the year 2004, They decided to launch a social networking site. In that year, they launched Orkut, which a social networking site, and introduced Google Desktop search. On that same year i.e 2004, Google held its Initial Public Offering (IPO). Thus it made both Page and Brin millionaires. Also to contribute towards social issues and causes, a wing of Google i.e Google.org formed. This time one of the biggest social media website Facebook also launched by Mark Zuckerberg.
Google gradually made progress in their fields. By 2005, they made a lot of advancements. Some Google products i.e Google Maps, Blogger Mobile, Google Reader, and iGoogle introduced on that every year. On the very next year, Google acquired Youtube and also introduced a chat feature in Gmail.
Larry Page thus decided to expand the company further and by the year 2007, they were in partnership with China Mobile and Salesforce.com. They also signed up for a partnership where google apps would be free for all and also for educational purposes.
A new version of Google Earth i.e Google Sites launched by them in the year 2008. A new service i.e Google Health also released that year. This service aims at personal health information centralization service. But it stopped in 2011 as the service was unable to achieve the desired impact which they expected.
In January of the year 2009, Picasa for Mac. Google Latitude the latest version of Google Earth was launched on that year. Google Ventures which is a venture capital fund that aims at supporting new technology companies was also launched.
In the year 2010, the Google Apps Marketplace launched. This is a new online store for integrated business applications. The service launched for customers to easily manage cloud applications.
In the year 2011, Larry Page was chosen as the CEO of the company. Eric Schmidt the former CEO still continued to serve as the Executive Chairman of the company. And Today Google CEO is Sunder Pichai.
Larry Page Net Worth
Google Founder Larry Page Net Worth is 53.4 Billion in March 2019 as per Forbes. And He is also in the top 10 Richest Person List. He is the Founder of first number Tech Giant Company. His Salary from Google is Just One-dollar.
Awards and Achievements
Larry Page Archive Many awards in his life. All these awards and achievements are below. He changes the 20th Century in Traditional to Online.
- In the year 2002, Page named as a World Economic Forum Global Leader for Tomorrow.
- In the year 2003, he received an MBA from IE Business School.
- Larry received the Marconi Foundation’s prize and elected Fellows of the Marconi Foundation at Columbia University in the year 2004.
- X PRIZE chose Page as a trustee of their board in the year 2004.
- In 2005, Larry Page elected Fellows of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- In the year 2006, he received the Communication Award from King Felipe at the Princess of Asturias Awards on behalf of Google.
- Lawrence Larry Page received an honorary doctorate from the University of Michigan in the year during a graduation commencement ceremony.
- Larry ranked 24th on the Forbes list of billionaires in the year 2011.
- Forbes listed the company Google as “the most influential company of the digital era” in the year 2015.
- Larry ranked as number one in Forbes’ “America’s Most Popular Chief Executives” in 2015.
- On August of 2017, Larry awarded honorary citizenship of Agrigento, Italy.
Larry Page Other Interests
Apart from Google, Larry Page is also an investor in Tesla Motors(Elon Musk Startup). He invested in renewable energy technology which aims at the adoption of plug-in hybrid electric cars. He is also an investor in Opener startup which aims at developing aerial vehicles for consumer travel.
Larry Lawrence Page is also interested in the social economic effects and he also aims to solve it to some extent. He also contributed to Singularity University, a transhumanist think-tank. The company still continues to fund this university for scholarships etc.
Personal Life of Larry Page
In 2007, Larry Lawrence Page married Lucinda Southworth on Necker Island. The Necker a Caribbean island and owned by Richard Branson. The couple i.e Larry and Lucinda had two children who were born in 2009 and 2011.
Lawrence Page’s sister-in-law is an actress and model i.e Carrie Southworth.
In the year 2009, Larry started to purchase properties near Palo Alto to make room for a large ecohouse.
Larry Page Thoughts
- The job of a leader is such that every person in the company has equal opportunities.
- The reason why companies don’t succeed over time is such that they miss the future.
- Many companies fail because their leaders fail to change with time. Change is a natural process and one should adapt to it.
- When one is thinking of changing the world, it means he is working on important things. In such a situation, one would be excited to wake up every morning.
- One aim is to organize the world’s information and make it available to everyone.
- Privacy and Security go hand in hand. One cant has privacy without security.
- In the field of technology, revolutionary change is more important than incremental change.
- Rumors should not be given importance.
- The greatest mantra – the customer should be given more importance. A happy customer leads to a successful business.
- An environment for people to try new things is very important. People should try learning new techniques and keep advancing with time.
I hope you inspire from Larry Page Journey and also work like Larry Page. He invents google and Google is Best Innovation of 21st Century. You can share Larry Page Story with your friends and family member.
If you want to read Successful Entrepreneur Life Story, Motivational Story, Case Study or Book Summary than visit our website – www.makedigitalindian.co