Satya Nadella a well known Indian American engineer and also the CEO of Microsoft. Working at such an auspicious position needs much talent and hard work. His brilliance can be detected from his education background. Satya Nadella’s education played a great role in his successful professional career.
By the year 1992, Satya already joined Microsoft but as a worker though. He worked on many projects of Microsoft such as online service, advertisement, software, gaming etc. Satya before appointed for the post of the CEO, he was the Executive Vice President of Microsoft’s cloud and enterprise group. This group i.e Microsoft’s cloud and enterprise group was responsible for building and running the company’s computing platforms, developer tools, and cloud computing services.
Slowly and gradually Satya Nadella with his dedication and hard work started getting fame. Satya then even became an important stakeholder in the firm and also owned stocks which were worth millions of dollars. Presently the monthly salary of Satya Nadella is over 100 million rupees. Satya also invited many times as the guest speaker for many events across the United States.
Satya Nadella Education and Early Life
Satya was born on 19 August 1967 in the state of Hyderabad. His father’s name is Bukkapuram Nadella Yugandher who was a civil servant. Nadella’s father worked for the Indian Administrative Service of the Government of India. His mother’s name is Prabhavati Yugandhar who is a Sanskrit scholar. In Satya’s childhood, his mother taught him many things which include the ancient languages, literature, and philosophy of India.
Satya did his schooling from Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet. After his schooling, Satya decided to go for engineering. In the year 1988, Satya received a bachelor’s in electrical engineering degree from the Manipal Institute of Technology in Karnataka.
Satya then decided to move abroad for his higher studies. He decided to go for M.S. studies in computer science. He got his M.s degree from the well known University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee in the year 1990. Later Satya decided to pursue his degree in MBA. Satya received an MBA degree from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Satya was interested in electronics and technology from his childhood. He always wanted to build things related to such and so electrical engineering turned out to be the best option to show his creativity. Later his degree in computer science just increased his creativity of trying new experiments.
Satya Nadella Career
After completing his studies, he decided to work for some companies. Satya joined the firm named ‘Sun Microsystems’. He worked for this firm for a short period of time. Later Nadella moved to the Silicon-valley giant ‘Microsoft’ in the year 1992. He started off well in the company. He steadily climbed the corporate ladder at Microsoft at a good pace. Satya also started providing valuable decisions for the company, which made him a good image at an early stage.
He was one of the few who suggested the concept of cloud computing to the company. He led the major project of the development of one of the largest cloud infrastructures of the world. The company did work on this plan and also invested their valuable time and resources for the development of this technology. Their hard work paid off and they prepared the world’s largest cloud-based entities, named ‘Microsoft Azure’.
Nadella was later given the responsibility of the ‘Research & Development’ department. This department belonged to the ‘Online Service Division’. Satya was also appointed as the senior vice-president of the same department. Nadella joined the department in the year 2007 and continued working for that department for around four years.
Satya Nadella later moved to the Systems and Tools division of the company i.e Microsoft and was later appointed as the President of the company. This segment of business turned out to be a success. Talking about today, the annual turnover of Microsoft contributed by this segment is estimated to be around $20 Billion. Some other projects of Microsoft successfully guided by Satya Nadella are ‘Microsoft SQL Server’ and few tools to ‘Azure’.
Satya worked in this firm for around 20 years with his dedication and hard work. In the year 2014. he designated as the CEO of ‘Microsoft’. Satya published his book ‘Hit Refresh’ in the year 2017. This book basically talks about his life, his journey to Microsoft and also on how technology is changing the world.
11 Facts about Satya Nadella
Some interesting facts about Satya :
- Satya was a huge cricket fan and he also says that he derives inspiration from this sport.
- Nadella says that learning is a lifelong process and he would continue learning throughout his career. Also in his spare time, Satya takes some online classes.
- Satya is a lover of poetry. Satya loves to read poetry in his free time. Nadella compares poetry with coding, as it describes beauty.
- Satya the CEO of Microsoft and also considered as one of the genius minds in the tech industry.
- He didn’t have any past experience about being a CEO, before being selected as the CEO of Microsoft.
- Apart from cricket, Satya is also a great football fan. Satya is a big fan of Seahawks which is a professional American football team in Seattle.
- After Nadella was offered the role of the CEO of Microsoft, Bill Gates rejoined the company. Bill Gates also helped Satya Nadella by being his personal tutor.
- Satya met his life partner when he was in the Hyderabad Public School, back in the 1980s.
- He is also a fitness lover. He believes in the fact that in staying fit keeps him working longer. Nadella regularly keeps doing exercise and also regularly keeps running to stay fit.
- Satya Nadella also is a lover of sweets. His loves eating cakes and pastries.
- Satya also was known as the ‘Cloud Guru’ which is great in itself. Cloud refers to the service which can be viewed from any corner of the world.
Satya Nadella Personal Life
The CEO of Microsoft i.e Satya Nadella is married to Anupama Nadella. She is the daughter of his father’s Administrative Service batchmate, K. R. Venugopal. The couples married in the year 1992. Anupama was Satya Nadella’s junior in the Manipal Institute of Technology pursuing a BArch in the Faculty of Architecture. Satya lives in a residence in Bellevue, Washington.
Satya has three children, a son, and two daughters. His son is the eldest of the three and his name is Zain Nadella. The name of his two daughters is Tara Nadella and Divya Nadella.
Nadella loves the game of cricket and also played this sport in his school days.
Learn about Bill Gates personal life and Family
Satya is a lover of poetry. He does write some whenever he gets some free time. He wrote a book names ‘Hit Refresh’. In this book, he shares his early life details, his career in Microsoft and also on how technology will shape the future. He announced that the profits earned from that book would go for charities.
Achievements of Satya Nadella
Satya led Microsoft in many major projects, and to success. He also led the major project of leading Microsoft to cloud computing and development of one of the largest cloud infrastructures in the world.
Some positions he worked on:
- Satya was the president of the Server & Tools Division from February 2011 – February 2014.
- He was also the senior vice-president of Research and Development for the Online Services Division. He worked on this position from March 2007 – February 2011.
- Satya was also the vice-president of the Business Division.
- Nadella also worked as the Corporate Vice-President of Business Solutions and Search & Advertising Platform Group.
- He was also the Executive Vice-President of the Cloud and Enterprise group.
Sayings of Satya Nadella
- He suggests everyone be passionate and bold. Learning is a continuous process and that shall never be stopped. If we stop learning, we won’t be able to so new things.
- The world is advancing rapidly. In around 10 years, we will reach a point when everything will get digitalized.
- He is a cricket lover from his childhood. He says that playing cricket has taught his many things throughout his career. The art of teamwork and leadership best learned from any sport.
- He says that the meaning which can’t be described in many sentences can be described in a few lines through poetry. A few lines of poetry can explain a whole lot of meaning which a paragraph of sentences can’t. Satya says that the best code is poetry.
- Satya’s says that his job is to ensure that Microsoft will thrive in a mobile and cloud-first world.
- The devices are where experiences come together. On Surface Pro, mostly the experience are on the device. All the applications which run on such devices have backends in the cloud.
Thanks for reading. I hope you Motivate from Satya Nadella Biography and doing something creative like Satya Nadella, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerburg or Sunder Pichai. If you have to know anything else about Satya Nadella then please comment below. For more Inspirational Story and Entrepreneurs Wiki Visit our website – www.makedigitalindian.com